Monday, February 18, 2013

Summer break : Taiwan, Far Cry 3, Lawson.

I cannot believe that I've already spent 3 months here back at home. Time flies too fast.

I remember when I was just counting down the days till I finally get to be home, and now I'm here for 3 months already. What.

Anyway, the point of this post is to share the things I have been doing for the past three months at home.


1. Taiwan trip

Spent a good week in Taiwan with my family as one of our annual family trips overseas! If you want to see what I've experienced, click [here] to be directed to my Taiwan travelogue!



2. Christmas at Penang

No blog post for this one because I really didn't do much besides family gatherings and counting down in Gurney Plaza. But what beats everything is that the family and relatives are together to countdown the jolly good end of the year celebration !


3. Swedish House Mafia: One Last Tour

One of the craziest rave I've been to - my story could be found here




4. Far Cry 3

I've been meaning to make a blog post about this really epic game I've been playing on my PC - 
Far Cry 3 is an open world first-person shooter video game developed by Ubisoft Montreal. Far Cry 3 is set on a tropical island somewhere in the vicinity of the Malay Archipelago, between the Indian and Pacific Oceans. After a vacation goes awry, protagonist Jason Brody must save his friends, who have been kidnapped by pirates and escape from the island and its unhinged inhabitants. - wikipedia.org 
I fell in love with this game when I saw the trailers playing on the TVs of the game shops in the malls of Klang Valley.


Cover art



Here are some screenshots I took when I was playing this game:








(c) Ubisoft

Gaming console: PC (Windows 7 OS)

Graphics: 4.5/5 (it's modeled after an island in Southeast Asia, lush greenery, seas, mountains everywhere) - has better graphics on PC than other consoles.

Gameplay: 4/5

Interested? Watch the trailer here:





5. Lawson

I'd never imagined myself liking a British band - really. For the past 6 years I've been K-POP, K-POP, K-POP all the while, that I got (really) bored of it. 

Anyway, getting to know Lawson was all purely coincidence. I went on Instagram one night and got bored that I hit the 'Explore' button to see what's new and LawsonAndy (one of their member's Instagram account) was at the top page with his self picture with his band mate appeared on the feed -- it attracted me and I ended up digging through his old pictures. 

L-R: Joel Peat (guitar, vocals), Ryan Fletcher (bass), Andy Brown (guitar, lead vocalist), Adam Pitts (drums)

Then I just brushed off that feeling - until a few days later I browsed through an entertainment magazine to find another 'mini poster' of Lawson. I was quite surprised knowing that the band was featured in that mag, I thought they weren't popular? So I ended up YouTube-ing them to find that their songs are really good.


LAWSON - STANDING IN THE DARK 


Since then, I've been listening to their music (they're newly debuted, fresh and still hasn't hit the mainstream) and I've been enjoying them so far. My sister bought me their Chapman Square Deluxe Album as my early birthday gift! :)




Who's my bias? Him, (:


Andy Brown, (:


6. Drawing 

Or maybe sketching? Been drawing a LOT lately - my ultimate goal is to achieve good realism pencil and digital portraits. I've changed my style a lot, from Anime to Realism.










--

No comments: